Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hi, my name is Jannette, and i'm a Chocoholic

There should be some sort of 12 step kind of program for this. Seriously. Last week, I think I pretty much just lived, breathed, and ate chocolate.

Did you ever read this book?:
I haven't read it since I was a kid, but I distinctly remember that there was a little boy who was given a "curse" that made it so everything he ate for a few days took on some form of chocolate. Chicken, cereal, fruit, all were chocolatey goodness. Water flooded down his throat as chocolate milk. Even for me, this would get a little old. For this little fella there was no relief. Well, you know, eventually he kissed his sweet mamma on the cheek and even she turned to solid chocolate (totes normal with this kind of curse, just FYI). Thankfully, my condition never progressed quite that far last week... good thing too or else Brent would have some worrying to do ;-)

So why all the chocolate, you ask? And my answer: why NOT? It started out with chocolate covered strawberries. Lindsey and I used to do it all the time last year and we got hooked. We just did it for the first time since last year, not once, but twice in a matter of 3 days. I am the master chocolate strawberry dipper, and it was a highly enjoyable experience, just like old times.

We had a little leftover chocolate after the strawberries, so we threw some peanuts in there, stirred it up, and made some clusters. I know they don't exactly look heavenly, but they were.

And then it was time for Brent's birthday (but I didn't just say that on the internet because it would get me in big trouble, shhhh). And praise the angels of Pinterest for introducing me to the possibility of making homemade Snickers, which just happens to be the boy's favorite candy. It was an adventure alright, but I made it through with only a small burn from boiling caramel and some seriously good lookin' treats. I was going to decorate it all snazzy-fancy-like, but yeah that just never happened. I am not going to lie, i'm pretty dang proud of myself for this. And it made B-rent and his roommates happy and impressed, so that made it all worth it :) Are you jealous and drooling yet?

Did I mention the chocolate cake I had with Brent's family on saturday? Or the delectable chocolate chip cookies his mom made? Or all the little scoops and bites and licks of chocolate I snuck while I was making all my different chocolately goodness creations? Yikes. Friends, lets just say that if you dropped any pounds last week, I was gracious enough to pick them up for you!

So yes, I was the chocoholic queen for a few days. But I have to say, I need a little break. And I am so grateful that my dinner tonight tastes like real rice, chicken, veggies, toast, and milk, and not chocolate variations of all of the above.


Happy tuesday folks!
And Lindsey, you can now stop harassing me about updating my blog. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment