Saturday, June 30, 2012

THIS. IS. SPARTA.

Yesterday I decided to spend my day a little differently than I normally do. I spent it among Spartans... beautiful, mighty, ripped, muddy, shirtless Spartans... :)
But of course, thats not why I was there.

Just in case you have never heard of the Spartan race before, allow me to introduce you:

12 {mostly uphill} miles. Crazy obstacles. The Spartan Beast.

I was there to cheer on my brother and many other Spartan friends. I stayed on the sidelines as a {rather loud} spectator this time, but the hype and pump up and victory of the whole shebang just might motivate me to join the ranks of Spartans one day.

An ideal morning in Midway for a Spartan Beast.

Um... just giving you a glimpse of... the competition.

The rope climb was the first obstacle that we could actually watch. Most of them were up and out of sight in the mountains.

This is what many say was the hardest part. An uphill mud sharp rock barbed wire crawl. Don't be deceived friends, i'm told its much more challenging than it appears.

Had to get up and over a slippery sudsy slide.

Robby getting ready for the uphill mud crawl. He was doing great!

More barbed wire. Made for quite a few bloody gashes. Rob happens to be sporting a nice one on the back of his head.

Theres my girl Jules and her gorgeous smile :) She is a Spartan race veteran, and she's a beast!! Notice she's a rare lady spartan among the many males.

Please take note of the ankle deep mud, and the {fill in admiring adjective here} man with the Koolaid smile tattoo.

The starting line. A mud bath from the very beginning.

Our tired and dirty but victorious finisher!

The handsome team. Major props boys!

Some people pay big bucks for an exfoliating mud bath.
These guys earned it, but they had no problem jumping into the showers to rid themselves of the hardening cement-like mud that covered them literally from head to toe.

Here is Rob's last obstacle and his cross at the finish line after 2.5 hours and 12 grueling miles.
Please excuse my loud, rambunctious, obnoxious screaming. I was rather pumped up.

No comments:

Post a Comment