Sunday, October 19, 2014

I Love This Birthday Boy!

23 things to know and love about Matthew Keith Barnes on his big boy 23rd birthday:

#1
He's a kid at heart. He loves to have fun and goof around!

#2
He is a student at Utah Valley University. He is a Psychology major/business minor, and he's got big plans for his future. He has absolute potential to be successful with whatever path he pursues.


#3
He's a great dancer! I can't always keep up, but I do my best. Dancing in the kitchen before or after dinner is a pretty regular activity for us.

#4
He is willing to learn new skills, and he picks things up quickly... Even if some of the things freak him out haha. Here he is learning how to cut, skin, and cook a freshly caught catfish. 

#5
He loves any and all things German. Two years home off of his mission to Berlin, he is blessed with a job that allows him to keep up his language and interact with other German friends daily. The language, the culture, and the FOOD, he loves it all! 

#6 
He likes having his feetsies rubbed.

#7
The man loves children. ESPECIALLY this little one he is holding here, my niece Amelia.

#8
HE RUNS!!! Well, he does now :) One of the first things we did as a couple was run 18 miles together... before that day he'd never run more than 8 miles at one time in his life. So pretty much he's crazy. Since then we have run a half marathon together, and we plan to do more races in the future, including a full marathon!

#9
He rocks a beard better than most. And its a ginger beard! I like it. A lot. I want him to have it. Always.

#10
He's a handyman. He is good at fixing things, taking things apart and putting them back together, etc. He uses his skills to help others. He doesn't even think twice about taking the time to help someone out. The first time we met was the day I moved into his apartment complex, and he was quickly by my side helping me unload my carload of stuff into the apartment. 

#11
He's all about dat bow-tie life.

#12
He is a faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He loves the gospel. He has a strong testimony. He is a worthy Priesthood holder. He patterns his life after the life of the Savior.
 

#13
He can play the piano. And I don't just mean he can sit down and play whatever music is set before him (which he can). He can actually sit down and play something new and original on the spot. Something beautiful and harmonious and wonderful. It is an incredible skill that never ceases to blow my mind.

#14
He is a family man and a mamma's boy :) He has been blessed with an incredible family full of love, acceptance, fun, and joy! Being in their home is always a blessing for both of us, and we are grateful to be able to visit West Haven frequently to reconnect with them (his mom and his brother on a mission missing from this picture).

Reading his mom his favorite childhood book on Mother's Day :) He treats her with tremendous respect and love. Atta boy!

#15
He is so weird, and I love it. He doesn't really care what others think about him. He is true to himself at all times. Aaaaand sometimes that means pulling out walrus fry-face at In-N'-Out.

#16
He introduced me to The Strike. And then he took me to see them live... twice! Definitely a new favorite for me. Hoping to see them make it big in the next couple years.

#17
He's got a cute booty :)

#18
He's way too nice to me. He rubs my sore muscles after long training runs or hard work days.

#19
He's a great cook! Thankfully... goodness knows i've got a lot to learn in that department.

#20
He is spontaneous. He goes along with crazy dumb things like whipped cream fights at FHE that totally ruin clothes with the disgusting smell that can't even be washed out.

#21
He is one of the most patient men I know. He tolerates my grumpy days. He knows when to poke fun and when to cut back on the teasing. He waits for me to stop being dumb and be myself again. And he never holds those girlish mood swings against me.

 #22
He's cheesy. I'm cheesy. It works well for us :-)

 #23
He's mine! LUCKY ME!


1 comment: