Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Want To See Some White Dresses?

I was never one of those little girls who dreamed of her perfect wedding day. Instead I was a girl who thought a lot more about who my future husband even was and when (actually, I worried more about the ifi'd get to meet him and all about the eternal marriage that we'd share. I mean obviously I knew planning a wedding would be involved somewhere along the line, but I was always much more excited about being in love and starting a family and getting to be a wife! Needless to say, I didn't think about or know what I wanted for colors. Or cakes. Or centerpieces. Or flowers. OR A DRESS.

I've been blessed to wear a few special pretty white dresses in my life. Starting with my baby blessing dress, then my baptism dress, and most recently my temple dress. Now newly engaged, one of the biggest wedding planning checklist items for me was to find a wedding dress. 

Wanna know what sucks about wedding dress shopping? You only get to keep one! I tried on so many gorgeous dresses (ummm yeah and some not so gorgeous haha) and I only get to show one of them off to the world! Well, I say no way to that... I want to show you more! :) So here you have it. A bunch of pictures of me in fun fluffy white wedding dresses.

Now before I make anyone too nervous, i'm not too crazy... I have indeed finally said yes to the dress, but THE dress is not pictured here. That one i'm going to make you wait for :)

Now I invite you to enjoy the myriad of crazy facial expressions this girl makes while being photographed in these once-in-a-lifetime kind of dresses.




(turns out I got me some curves. who knew?!)



(for a while I thought this was the dream dress after seeing my friend Kara try it on last winter. Then I put it on and all I thought was nope nope nope.)


(this one was almost a winner. it was a close 2nd place)

(the mamma pulls good faces too)







I'm so thankful for my ladies who helped me with this step of wedding planning! My mom of course, my bestie since birth Rachel, my Bachelorette crew, and my future MIL Karen who ended up being the one with me when the final decision was made! I love you all!
 


Wait i'm not done. One last thing.
Imagine you walk into a wedding dress shop, and the girl who walks toward you to help you out for your appointment that day is your ex-boyfriend's wife. And there's this brief flash of recognition in both of your guys' eyes. And you can tell she knows who you are, and you know who she is. But you both quickly recover and neither of you say anything or acknowledge the gigantic elephant dancing in circles while juggling flaming coconuts in the middle of the room.
My friends, this happened to me. Totally not making it up.
#bestawkwardmomentever
Thank goodness for laughter, because thats seriously all I could think to do. 
Life is grand!


No comments:

Post a Comment