Friday, December 18, 2015

Capisce

These cute kids are celebrating their 35th anniversary today! 
I couldn't be any more grateful for their example of true eternal love.

Through the thick and thin of marriage and life they forever stick together as a team. Hard times don't tear them apart - they actually allow the tough stuff to bring them closer together. They know how to have fun and celebrate happy things. They travel like crazy to visit all their kids and grandkiddos. They work in the yard. They go on motorcycle rides. They still eat homemade meals together every day. They let us stay on their phone plan. They watch movies and cuddle. They each work hard to bring home the bacon. And they send loving text messages -  A few years ago when I was in a weird spot in relationship, I got this text from dad, and it spurred me to make some important decisions. It also helped me realize how blessed I am to have parents who are crazy in love, even after so many years together. I save this screenshot on my phone to remind me of how cool that is, and it was inspiration for me to keep looking for someone who would make me happy forever (check!).



Love you mom and dad.
Thanks for everything.
Have fun watching It's A Wonderful Life for the 35th time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment