Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving in Texas

Last year and the year before, I spent the Thanksgiving holiday away from my family for the first time ever. Thankfully, I was still had wonderful friends around me to take me in and make it pretty special. However, the chance to spend a week with my family over the holiday this year was FANTASTIC. 


We played outside.

We made hard tack candy.

We did trust falls.

We went to school and bought a scantron from a VENDING MACHINE. Say what?


We spent a day at the park.

We grilled out in the summery weather in the backyard.
 


We made adorable candy turkeys.

We ran a super fun 8 miles in Dallas on Thanksgiving morning.

We ate a DELECTABLE Turkey Day feast.


We went to "cut down" a Christmas tree.
 Welcoooome to Texas...
 
 
This is why they pretend to cut down a tree and then buy one of the ones that are shipped in from the northwest :)
Found one! And yes, it is INSIDE the car.


We went to downtown McKinney to watch the tree lighting ceremony.
 


This is how Texas rolls. Making artificial snow for sledding in the streets downtown.
 

We fell asleep and looked drop dead adorable in the living room. And then let Aunt Nettie carry you to bed.
  
We played with beautiful long blond hair.

We played a lot of hilarious catch phrase.

 And then we got on a plane and headed back to Provo and wondered when we'll see Texas next. 
All I know is that its not soon enough :(

1 comment:

  1. Such fun pictures! I'm so glad you all got to be together. Don't be a stranger.

    ReplyDelete