Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Things To Celebrate

First off: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my oh-so-great friend and roommate Christie. 
I love this girl. I love that we live together. I love that its gone well. I love that she is so chill. I love that she is hilarious. I love that she falls down in the kitchen almost on a daily basis. I love that she puts up with me. I love that ridiculous things come out of her mouth all the time. I love that our relationship is extremely sarcastic. I love that she doesn't mind me being a clean freak. I love that we have had many adventures in the relatively short time we have been friends. I love that when we first met I thought she hated me and now I know that thats not the truth :) I love that my brother married her sister so that we can be kinda sorta not really related. 
Happy birthday Christie! Love ya!!



Next item of business: Lets talk about Steph and Jared.
Steph and I hit it off early in junior high and she was one of the few school friends I kept all through high school and beyond. She really is just the greatest. She and Jared started dating while we were still in high school and made a wonderful couple. Together they have been through a lot. They have experienced more hard things than some people will in an entire lifetime. For the last couple of years Jared has been battling cancer, and Steph has been at his side through it all. They documented the last few months of his treatment here at a blog that Stephanie kept. A couple of weeks ago, Stephanie and Jared were finally married, and I was blessed enough to be there to witness it. It was such a special occasion and I cannot even express how happy I was to be able to be there and celebrate the happiness and start of a new life for my long time friend. The Issaquah Press published a great brief article about them and their journey that can be found here. I love you Steph!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment