Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Hot Pots

So. A few weeks ago this cute handsome (apparently guys don't like to be cute?) kid pictured below introduced me to a whole new world of awesome: hot pots. 

AKA hot springs. His super cool uncle owns private property here in Utah that includes these natural hot springs. A few weeks back we went on a double date to this place and I was SO excited. I had heard about them before but had never been lucky enough experience them for myself. I'll tell you right now, I was not let down. We drove through the snow in single digit degrees right down to the water. Dark outside except for the moon and stars, so pretty much all you can see is the steam rising off the water. Okay so lets be honest, this place could also double as the perfect setup for a terrifying scene in a horror movie... but we knew we were safe in good company and we could just enjoy the beauty of it all. There is something magical about stepping into a natural hot tub of 110 degree water when its almost 0 degrees outside. Seriously though. Magical.

We went back again this last weekend with more friends this time. And we plan to do it again with even more friends next time. I might be addicted.

I attempted to capture the amazingness of it all by taking some pictures this last time, but lets be honest it really just didn't work. I'll show you anyway!

Creeeeeeepy... but so cool.

Mmm yes here I have captured the essence of... umm... steam.

 We be so cute in these hot pots :)

Big thanks to my handsome boy Nate and his family for sharing his secret awesome luxury natural hot pots with all of us :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment