Monday, February 25, 2013

Running Away From Ice Cream

Soooo... I have an unfortunate addiction. Not like those people on that TLC show who are obsessed with eating their own hair or eating deodorant. Ew. Thats just gross. 

Nope, my problem is that I have a very unfortunate relationship with ice cream. AKA I eat it. A lot. Too much. So funny story: my freshman year of college I told myself I wasn't going to eat any ice cream, because I knew the creamery's sinful selection of bishop's bash and graham canyon and peanut butter trails would be contributors to a quick freshman 15. I lasted all of about 6 days. Thanks a lot, Cold Stone (and Rob, for being a good big brother who watches out for his starving freshman sister). And then there was that time last year when I swore off sweets completely after breaking a spoon scooping ice cream straight out of a carton. Yeah... So anywayyyyy... I love my ice cream so much I take pictures of it. This is a strange thing that I do, I know.

{Kong cones. From Macey's. So cheap. So good. So monstrous.}



{I promise, in this case not every single one of these were for me :)}

{I'm not saying that life doesn't call for a pint of Ben & Jerry's every once in a while. 
Sometimes, its just very, very necessary.}


Things are about to change for at least a while, my friends. BECAUSE...

It's official. 
I'm running a marathon.
The money is paid.
The date is set.
Registration is complete.
There is no turning back.
I AM SO EXCITED.
May 4, 2013.


I've been training since the week after Christmas. My weekly milage is steadily increasing and I find that i'm getting more and more comfortable with running for longer periods of time. Its like I just program a number of miles into my brain and then my body does the work. Its an absolutely wonderful, weird, happy mystery.

Anyway, my cardiovascular endurance has improved significantly, but I have proved to the world that you can run 30+ miles every week and still not lose a single pound. Ice cream. Ice cream. Ice cream. And maybe some other stuff too. Somehow running 16 miles in one day makes me think I can eat whatever I want whenever I want throughout the rest of the week. Unfortunately, that's not quite how it works. I know my training would improve a great deal if I really started feeding my body the food that it wants to work hard and be healthier. 10 weeks until marathon day. I want to feel great for every single one of those 26.2 miles.

Let operation "eat clean, train dirty" commence.

My latest mantra.

Every saturday morning I have a date with the Provo river trail. Its a highlight of my week.

 However this last saturday I hit mile 9, still 7 miles from home, and the snow hit. And it hit HARD. Let me tell ya, running in 2-3 inches of snow is not the easiest thing in the whole world. But it was still fun! And yes, I do sometimes take pictures of myself while i'm running. Deal with it.

 Feeling great post 16 miles. Excited for 17 this saturday baby!



And you better believe that if i'm still alive after May 4th, I will be gloriously reunited with my very good friends Ben and Jerry. 
{Notice the Creamy in my hand post Utah Valley Half}

Oh boy, sorry for the overload of my face in all these pictures...
Happy monday guys. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. My favorites:
    Broken spoon (can totally relate)
    Dairy digestive supplement
    NIELSENs (let's petition to have one opened in Provo. After your marathon of course)
    The fact that you are running a marathon. Seriously impressive. It's gonna be great! Maybe I'll come cheer you on. With my pint of BandJ.

    ReplyDelete