Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Finally Spring

Finally.
This is how it feels to put this last school semester behind me. 
{totes stolen from Nate without permission}
As I already recently mentioned, this semester was a tough one for me. But now its over, i'm still alive, and there is much to be excited about in the upcoming months. In this post I talked about good things on the horizon. Lets take a little looksie at what I was referring to:

Robby and Diane are about to make me an aunt again! Literally any day now. My 6th niece will be here by this weekend, and I couldn't be any more excited about it. Babies are the best. Counting 10 baby fingers and 10 baby toes is the best. Soft baby skin is the best. Big baby eyes taking in the world for the first time is the best. Cuddling babies is the best. Being an aunt is THE BEST.

Mom and dad get here on Thursday. I haven't seen the good old (I meeaaaaannn... not old) parents since Christmas. And I won't get to go home until the end of July. We FaceTime... but you know, its just not the same. So them coming here to see us is going to be a great time!!

I am running my first full marathon on Saturday. Scared, excited, terrified, anxious, nervous, pumped, ready, so not ready, happy, antsy, thrilled, enthusiastic, fired up, intimidated, petrified out of my mind. I just want to finish it. Without dying. Yep, thats the goal.
{An encouraging gift from the daddio}

I don't believe I have mentioned this yet... I am going to Tonga!! For BYU's nursing program, there is a Spring semester set aside for doing a global studies trip. It is like a study abroad for nursing students. I have been looking forward to this since before I even applied to the program. A few months ago, we chose our preferences for where we would like to go for this experience. The choice included Finland/Russia, Taiwan, Ghana, Ecuador, India, Washington DC, the Navajo Nation in Arizona, a few different local Salt Lake locations, and yes, TONGA! I originally thought Ghana was my top pick for sure, but after learning about the different places, I felt strongly about putting Tonga as my first choice. Within a few weeks we were given our assignments, and I was told that Tonga was the place for me! I leave in just over 2 weeks to embark on what I am sure will be one of the most exciting month-long adventures of my entire life. Its not a vacation, but a time to learn about and become involved in the nursing process within another culture. We will be working in hospitals, teaching in schools, setting up clinics in the weekend marketplaces, and traveling around to rural communities that have limited healthcare access. Along with that we will also be blessed with the chance to attend church, go to the Nuku'alofa temple, kayak around the islands, swim in the clear blue ocean, hike to some waterfalls, go to some super cool dinner shows, and much more that we don't even know about yet. The word "excited" is such a gross understatement. There are no words adequate enough to describe how much I am looking forward to this. And I am sure I will have much more to say about it as the time approaches! :)

After Tonga, the fun still isn't over. I have a job working as a counselor for week long BYU Sports Camps on campus. It will be amazing to have fun, get paid, make new friends, and get to know some great kids over the course of the summer!


Then the end of July comes, and one of my lifelong besties is getting hitched. I am thrilled and honored to be one of her bridesmaids! Then, soon after, another lifelong bestie (who just happens to be the sister of that other lifelong bestie) is having her first little baby. I am so excited for these girls! Love you chicas! 


Whew. Then, it'll be August. The last month before my last year of college kicks off (say whaaat?!). I don't know yet what that last month of freedom will hold... but the options are feeling pretty endless, so we will see what happens! Until then, i'll take my planned adventures one day at a time! 

And of course... i'll eat my Hokulia Shave Ice one day at a time. But literally... i've had one every single day since they opened this season. Not lying. Best shave ice in the world. I'm addicted. As always. Hokulia does it best.




No comments:

Post a Comment