Sunday, April 14, 2013

What Do I Even Blog About?

I had a friend find out yesterday that I am "a blogger" and he asked me what kinds of things I blog about. I didn't even know how to answer. I feel like its all so random. Sometimes its serious. Sometimes is spiritual. Sometimes its self centered. Sometimes its all about other people. Sometimes its just an update on whats been going on lately. A lot of the time its just random things that I find funny or entertaining.  Its pretty much like a public journal that I actually want other people to read (haha as opposed to the daily/weekly journaling that I do on paper that is strictly for my eyes... until my posterity comes along and sneaks them away from me). My goal is to give you something nice and uplifting or entertaining or inspirational or just something weird to look at or watch or read every once in a while. I've even been told a very small number of times that some people look forward to my posts. For whatever reason that is always quite the thrill for me. Who knows, maybe I just like the attention ;-) Okay well anyway he told me he'd come and read my blog now that he knows about it (hi Austin!), so I guess today i'll just give a little taste about what this blog is all about and include a little bit of everything! :)

Since today is Sunday and this day is one for things of spiritual nature, i'll start off with highlights from one of my favorite talks from last week's General Conference. The whole weekend was awesome. I love hearing from the leaders of the Church and being uplifted and instructed in just about every way possible. I am looking forward to studying all the talks over the next six months until we are treated again with latter-day guidance from on high.

My favorite shoes died. My $9, one half-size too small shoes from Ross. Honestly they died quite a while ago, but we have had such a good, long, loving relationship that it was just so hard to let them go. So I kept wearing them anyway. But now, i've accepted the fact that we just weren't happy together anymore, and it was time for them to move on to a happier place. Uh, aka the dumpster...


As long as we are talking about shoes...

Running shoes. I have a lot of them. I use them, I wear them out, I get new ones. And as you might have learned about me about two seconds ago with the overly worn and loved Keds, I have a hard time letting shoes go. So I keep my old running shoes and turn them into "etc" shoes for hiking and clinical and such. They stopped making the purple version of my favorite Brooks, so I guess i'm a white shoe girl now. Not sure yet how I feel about the adjustment.

And then there's this. I find it quite entertaining.

Moving on from the shoes theme... There's this movie. Very enjoyable. I was introduced to it for the first time last night by Austin and Nate. If you've seen it, you'll know why I now feel the sudden need to go watch Chicken Run again for the first time in years.

 The keep saying Spring is here. We have bonfires and camping and class outside. And then it snows again. Come on now Utah, you're killin' me here.

I got to watch this movie. FOR CLASS. Best assignment ever.

This. What the what? Sure did give me a laugh when it popped up on Pandora the other day as I was getting ready for school.

I changed my major!!
Haha. Joke. I would never do that. EVER. But I did get to pretend to be a neurologist for about ohhhh... 10 minutes. And yeah, I took a picture. Because thats what I always do.

For the second time this month my mind has been blown because stories and songs that my father told/sang to us kids have popped up in random places and I was confused because I thought dad had been the inventor of those stories! Twenty years later, I find out none of it was original! Hurts real deep.

Done with clinical for the semester. OB and Peds rotations are now complete. Wonderful learning and life changing experiences. No more 4 am mornings... at least until my ICU rotation at The U in the fall! I love these girls and all the other girls (and the very few males) in my semester. They've become my friends and sisters over the last few years. Can't believe we only have 2 more semesters together!

We celebrated the last day at Primary's by going to eat at The Pie in Salt Lake. SUCH good pizza.

 I ran 22 miles yesterday. And I didn't die. It was a close call though. 3 weeks until marathon day! Anyway, as previously noted, I take pictures of everything, so yeah I sent a picture 11 miles into the run to my sister and told her to pray for me to be able to make it all the way back to Provo from Mapleton. And then upon looking at the picture, I was once again reminded that I am my mother's clone. Which is great, because that means I am going to age well and always have nice hair. Thanks, mamma!

Baby showers. You just never know what you're going to encounter.

I know a certain someone who likes to make fun of some of the music that I listen to. And he would have sent this to me if he had found it first. So i'll just beat him to it.


So what is this blog all about? 
Heck, I still don't even know. It's about nothing. It's about everything. It's about life.
Hope ya like it!




5 comments:

  1. Yeah. I like it. AND I look forward to it! Love you my wonderful neice! You're the best. Wish I could be there with your mom to cheer you on during your race. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would definitely make fun of you for finding/singing rap songs that have ZERO application to your life. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to come to the race with your mom... it's on the calendar.

    Just a reminder: if you need us for clinicals next fall, the room's available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! It has been forever since I have been up there, I miss you guys! I'm looking forward to seeing you when my parents are in town. I'm not sure how things are going to work out next semester as far as clinicals go, but i'll make sure to keep you posted. You guys are seriously the best.

      Delete