Monday, February 3, 2014

Today Is A Good Day

I woke up this morning kind of feeling a bit blah-ish. Maybe thats a made up adjective, but I know you know exactly what I mean. I probably wouldn't even have rolled out of bed at a decent hour if I hadn't had to pee so bad. But then through my bedroom blinds I saw that the sky was blue. Not the white/gray that it has been lately, but a gorgeous early morning blue. And then suddenly my blah-ish feeling changed.

And now its a good day. I'm feelin' real good now.

Maybe its because I got dressed, plugged in the headphones, and was out the door for a jog. And on that jog, I conquered a hill that I have been very careful to avoid for the last four years on all my runs around Provo. Turns out it wasn't as big bad scary as I thought. Oh endorphins, how I love you.

Or maybe its because SEAHAWKS WON THE SUPER BOWL YESTERDAY. Or as my dad named it... the "athletic fireside." Whatever makes you feel better about watching sports on Sunday I guess :) Shoot dang guys, a mere 12 seconds into the game, every Seattle-ite had a feeling. Who would have guessed that play after play after play, amazing things would keep happening like that? All those interceptions, crazy long runs, touchdowns, and how about Kearse breaking those tackles. My mind was blown over and over again. It was TOO good. As if thats even possible. In case you missed it, do yourself a favor and at least get up to speed on the highlights of the game. Unless you're just one of those people who watches the super bowl for the commercials... in which case i've also provided one of those for you :) However i'll admit, I wasn't particularly blown away by any of them this year. That half time show though... dang Bruno, you done good.



Maybe I feel so great today because not only did the green and blue win, but I got to watch it all go down with good people... and also a lot of amazingly good food. 

Or maybe its because I don't have to hastily scrape all my nail polish off in fear of being mocked over a loss.

Or MAYBE its because:
- I had a date over the weekend that included some delectable homemade Indian food. Mmmm butter chicken and rice and some tortilla thingies I can't remember the name of... oh, and there was ice cream. Not Indian ice cream though... is that a thing?
- I don't have school until Thursday.
- I can take a nap today if I want.
- My girls Mal and Casey have now both taken their NCLEX and they can write RN after their names and I am going to be doing the same in just four months!
- I got to go to church yesterday after missing it last week because of a clinical shift.
- Its a new month full of new possibilities.
- Its lunch time.
- I finally made out my marathon training schedule and it is going to kick.my.butt. I'm excited.


Okay fine so maybe i'm just feeling good vibes today because i'm still on a sugar high from all the skittles I ate in Lynch's honor yesterday. It's possible.


Oh and ps: Happy birthday Grandma! Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment