Monday, April 28, 2014

THE Biggest Surprise

When I feel any emotion too strongly, I cry. Sadness, joy, anger, stress, whatever → tears happen. 
Here I share with you an example of pure, utter shock that leads to an episode of uncontrollable (yet very happy) sobbing. Enjoy.

Once upon a time I was going to Kneaders with my parents and brother and his family (who were all in town for graduation) for the world's most delicious bottomless french toast.

Little did I know, this wasn't just any old trip to Kneaders.
It was a trip to Kneaders where my sister slash best friend in the whole world would suddenly appear across from me at the breakfast table and say, "So, whats for breakfast?" as if it was totally normal and expected that she was two feet away from me in Provo and not hundreds of miles away at her home in Texas where she had pretended to be the last five times i'd spoken with her over the course of the previous day. Let me tell ya folks, I have never been so surprised in my entire life. It literally took my breath away and the only thing I could do to release the overwhelming emotions of shock and joy in that moment was to cry. Hard. For a long time. And of course, it was all caught on camera both in video and picture format. 

I've made a few people shed a few tears of their own already just by showing them this video. I sometimes have that effect on people ;-)

I applaud my entire family in keeping this wonderful secret from me for the last six months. Job well done!



Pretty sure the dude in the red hat behind me thought that I had just found out I was dying or something. My reaction to such a situation would probably be pretty close to this.

I couldn't even look at her for like a solid two minutes. It just seemed too impossible that she was there!







In case you haven't noticed yet, i'm not o' dem cute criers. Even when its a happy cry, its an ugly cry.

My brother Kevin and his wife Carli and their girls also drove down from Seattle for graduation. I already knew they were coming, it was awesome to see them again, and I am SO grateful for them being here to celebrate with me!


Even though I was big time missing Rob and Diane (and after this experience I was half expecting them to also appear out of thin air at any moment) it was wonderful to be reunited with so much family for the week.

Also, I think I have a new favorite table at Kneaders now.


2 comments:

  1. Jannette, this is literally the cutest thing I've seen all week! I love that you and your sister are so close! Congrats on graduating, we did it!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cool. I have to admit I teared up a bit while watching and listening to your reaction. Very sweet. Congratulations on your graduation. Love you!

    ReplyDelete