Tuesday, September 2, 2014

That's Been Summer

Soooo in case you hadn't noticed... this whole blogging deal of mine kinda fell apart over the course of the Summer. I was just so busy out playing and adventuring! Oh yeah, and sleeping. Whatever y'all, it was a fantastic summer whether I was Netflix marathoning or real marathoning. What a party. And now, as to follow my typical pattern, I shall overwhelm you will way too many collages of way too many pictures to give you just a quick glimpse at the last four wonderful months.


NCLEX: defeated. The biggest test of my life (which would determine my future) loomed over me for the first half of the Summer until finally June 10th came. Seventy-five questions later I was done... and I had only known the answer to FOUR of them. FOUR. After two agonizing days of waiting for the results I learned that I had passed. And then I added the letters RN to the end of my name. Victory!

Before I ceased exercising completely (its really about time to hit the gym again), I ran some races with some of my favorite people! Feels good to have another full and another half under my belt.
Rock n' Roll Seattle Marathon with Mallory:
Handcart Half with Matty:

Hiking with friends from the nursing program. Exciting that we are all still in Utah and able to continue to do things together!

Spent some serious quality time with my boo thang. Don't worry, I don't really call him that... more than once a day. 

Matt found new love in my niece Amelia on our road trip to Seattle. And with good reason. She's irresistible!


But lets not forget my other favorite kiddos that I was lucky enough to spend time with this Summer!

Aaaand also while at home, Ty nabbed my phone a few times. He'll now learn his lesson for doing so:

Speaking of Seattle, IT WAS SO GOOD TO BE HOME! I just love my family too much.

Okay okay, lets get to the marriages already. 
Lindsey and Tanis got married in Lubbock, Texas and it was a party for everyone:
Annie and Conner forevaaaa:
Karls and Bradley! So devastated I wasn't able to make it to Vegas for this hot couple's special day:
Another one that I tragically missed back in May: the Kaxwell wedding! Rooming with Kara senior year of college was pretty bomb. Also I was there when she picked out her absolutely stunning wedding dress... i'm just sad that I ended up being too far far away to see it again on their wedding day!

Last trip of the Summer was a family reunion with Matt's mom's side of the family. BEAR LAKE!!! I was there several years ago for a Perry family reunion and it was so great to get back to that beautiful place!

Most famous vs. world's least famous raspberry shakes were right next door to each other at Bear Lake. Too great an opportunity to pass up. In this case... ding ding ding, I vote for the world's least famous!



Last thing: Feelin' 22 y'all! Matt's family completely spoiled me. Talk about embarrassing center of attention. Under all that pressure I might have mentioned something about "every color of the alphabet"... Thats the brain of an edumacated girl I tell ya. But it was awesome!  Karen and Emily made me a delicious chocolate cake surrounded and topped with candy, and both Matt's parents and grandparents shocked me with way too many gifts. I am so excited for a new year full of new adventures!


Welp.
That's been Summer.

1 comment: