Monday, November 11, 2013

Isn't It Mid-November?

A year ago today, it looked like this outside in Provo:


Today, Kara and I sprawled out on blankets on our front grass to study/nap... in short sleeves... and there is a slight possibility that I might have a bit of a sunburn. 65 degrees in mid-November?! I'm confused. Utah is confused. But anyway, it got me in the summery spirit a little bit (although, i've also started to listen to Christmas music, so how does that match up?). As I sat basking with my face pointing up towards the sun and hoping that I could absorb my studying through osmosis, I reminisced about one wonderful summer evening from this past year. It was when almost our whole family was visiting together in Seattle. I took my nephew Brayden and nieces Ella Jean, Rachel, and Kate on an ice cream date. We pet a brand new puppy. We did cartwheels in the park. We made friends with an adorable little random girl who wanted in on our fun. We took a walk along the water. It was practically magical. I went back and found pictures/videos from that evening and they made me happy, and thus I am here sharing them with you.

Don't you miss being 11 sometimes? :) 








Okay Provo, I laid in the grass, wore short sleeves, went for a nice run, and felt the summer lovin' vibes. I officially got the summer out of my system. 
I officially give permission for you to send the snow so I can sing about Rudolph without having a rosy red sunburned nose of my own.


Veterans Day:
Thank you to all who have and are currently serving our country. Thank you for your time, your sacrifice, your diligence and your bravery. We love, honor, and appreciate all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment