Monday, December 30, 2013

Tiny Cute Giggly Irresistably Squishy Human


What kind of person can get five grown adults sitting on a hard kitchen floor at 7 in the morning?
The tiny, cute, giggly, irresistibly squishy kind.
Now, my siblings know that I love them all equally. But by now they also know that whoever gives me more nieces and nephews to love gets bonus points. Rob and Diane are pretty high on the board with bonus points right now (don't worry Kevin and Carli, in March you'll have the lead!) My summer cuddle buddy Amelia Mae moved to Nashville where she grew up and learned how to crawl and smile and laugh and pull herself up on things and pick up too many puffs and stuff them all in her mouth at once. While spending time with her over this Christmas break, she stole my heart all over again. She let me hold her. And she played with me. And she actually thought I was funny. I take that where I can get it. She gave me sweet baby kisses and looked cute without even trying. Its amazing what these tiny cute giggly irresistibly squishy little humans can do. 
I am SO grateful Rob and Diane and Amelia made it up to Seattle this Christmas.

While on a morning jog a few days ago, Diane and I had a discussion about how we feel special connections with our nieces/nephew who we bonded with when they were brand new babies. Hours, days, and weeks old, they are helpless new little humans who don't have much of an idea of what this whole earth thing is all about yet. I was right there when Amelia came into this world! And I was blessed to spend lots of time with her up until they moved. She doesn't remember falling asleep on my chest. She doesn't remember that I danced with her around the kitchen to Frank Sinatra until she decided she didn't need to scream anymore. She doesn't remember that I changed a super gross diaper or that I wasn't mad when she spit up all over my shorts. But I sure do. And somehow, i'm so connected to this tiny person. So much love! 

Throwback to this summer. Obviously bonded, she and I.
Also I was really tan and I miss that.

Staring out the window on our mini snow day last week!

Baby's first Christmas! She's not just a little sleeping blob anymore... but she's still not quite old enough to know whats up with all the shiny stuff under the tree that she isn't allowed to put her mouth all over.

I cannot watch when this happens. Which is several times a day. This routine is her "tired and ready for a nap?" or "i'm so happy I don't even care that I can almost touch outer space!" test. It works out pretty well actually. I pried my hands from over my eyes long enough to catch it in slow-mo.

Real time.                                                                   Slow motion.
   

There is no little girl in the world that smiles more than this little girl. She is a real life ray of sunshine, brightening up every place she goes and every person who sees her. Well, at least it worked on me every time.

Baby kisses from heaven.

Yup. She has my heart. She's so cute she might even have me looking for jobs in Nashville pretty soon.
Wait what who said that?

No comments:

Post a Comment