Sunday, January 5, 2014

Break Is Over

For the last time ever, I had to leave home to come back to school.

The weightiness of that statement hasn't really hit me yet, but i'm sure it will. Next time I go home i'll be a college grad and when I leave there i'll be returning to work (hopefully!) instead of school. I'll be living who knows where. For the next four months and beyond i'm sure i'll be saying this in some form or another over and over and over again because man, I just have to make it sink in. Because its not sinking in. It doesn't seem real. So i'm going to talk about it a lot. Get used to it. 

Anyway. Leaving home. It is hard. Because it means no more of these things:

No more putting Christmas puzzles together in the basement all Sunday afternoon while I watch Seahawks dominate on a nice big TV.

No more watching my dad crack up over the fact that the Christmas tree just fell over.

No more watching Amelia watch her Grandpa.

No more skipping Sunday School to sit in the hall and talk at church.

No more seeing this beautiful girl whenever the heck I want :(

No more passing these knockout sibling missionary plaques on the wall at church.

No more laughing at dad trying to entertain dog and granddaughter simultaneously.

No more reading to sweet little baby girls who I love so much.

No more watching Paige roll the pizza dough tool of death all over herself.

No more funny faced pictures with these wonderful parents of mine who make home such a great place to come back to every Christmas.

Meanwhile, between Sea-Tac and SLC:

Yep, that's my name. Nailed it.
The gloriously rich caramel apple cider inside makes up for all wrongs.

It's always exciting to find a fortune cookie.
But come on, what the heck is this?!
My work is never finished. So I suppose i'm about to have very complicated relationships with the computers in my life.

Break is over. Time to get back to real life with schedules and appointments and homework and jobs and yes, even going to the gym regularly.
Happy Sunday to all!

1 comment:

  1. I agree Jannette, this whole "leaving home for the last time as a student" thing is really weird! Here's to enduring/enjoying our last semester and (hopefully) finding a job!!

    ReplyDelete