Wednesday, January 15, 2014

This Week's Internet Entertainment

Sometimes, the internet bores the heck out of me. Facebook is so full of junk all the time its ridiculous. I don't do twitter. I definitely go through Pinterest phases. I never have enough money to do all the shopping I want to do on Amazon. I am always way too caught up on all my favorite blogs, and there's only so much blogging I myself can do. I'm usually not one with enough patience to just surf the web and find great random things. However, because of junky facebook and and other lucky finds, sometimes I get some dang good entertainment from the internet. Videos that make me laugh, pictures that leave me in awe, and stories that really make me think. Anyway, I could continue rambling on, but instead I thought i'd just share some of the internet goodness that i've seen going around this week.

These pictures that a Russian mother takes of her children. They are incredible. I pretty much couldn't stop myself from downloading... well, all of them. 


It took me a few days of seeing this link hop around of facebook before I finally caved and read it. If you're not too offended by a bit of potty humor... this is totally worth a few minutes. It's amazing the writing that flows from people when they're discussing the state of their own bowels.


Lets just go ahead and agree that all the Seahawks hype going on everywhere is pretty freaking exciting and awesome and cool and I am so pumped and every time I think about the game this weekend my blood pressure spikes a bit. I may or may not have told my home teachers they can't come on Sunday because i'll be on a date with a big TV and the 'Hawks. Priorities people, priorities.

Because he's deaf and super legit and has a SA-WEET commercial. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/14/the-viral-nfl-ad-that-literally-gave-us-goosebumps/





I read this entire article the other day and was blown away by the faith and courage of this woman. It wasn't until the very end that I realized the author of this true story is the daughter of one of my favorite nursing professors, the one who took us to Tonga. I am so grateful for my life and while I hope I never have to face the challenges she did, I hope I can follow her example of faith, endurance, optimism, and inspiring strength!


So I talk about it enough that y'all know that one of my most favorite people in the whole world is half a world away from me right now. But she's being a pretty cool missionary so its all okay. Her letters are my favorite to read. They are either making me laugh or inspiring me to be a better person. Anyway, she made my day with these yesterday:


Okay, last thing. No offense to all you recently married people, but I think Barbie had a better wedding photographer than you did. Enjoy.


I lied. One more thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment