Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My Oreo Aspirations

In the quiet, meditative moments of your day have you recently found yourself pondering the thought: "I wonder what Jannette Perry has been doing with all her spare time this semester..."?

Well, today I am here to answer this question for you. And the answer is this: In my precious last days as a student I am using my energy to make plans to fulfill some of my biggest, deepest, most personal life dreams and aspirations. Today after a heart-to-heart with a wonderful friend on FaceTime, I decided upon something that I must do; something that I believe will change my life forever:

I MUST TRY EVERY FLAVOR OF OREO THAT THERE EVER WAS.
{if you weren't expecting something along those lines after all that... you must not know me very well}

Once I set my mind to something, I make it happen. So you better believe I am going to turn this dream into a reality. The Oreo research has now begun. I have scoured the internet for lists and pictures of all the different kinds of Oreos that have ever been made. And boy oh boy, there are a LOT, most definitely more than I expected. My excitement over this has only continued to escalate all afternoon.

From the Sugar Free Reduced Fat Oreo to the Triple Double Neapolitan Oreo and everything in between, Nabisco definitely has not been shy about Oreo experimentation. Did you know there is a Watermelon Oreo?! And a Creamsicle Oreo?! And a White Fudge Covered Oreo?! And a Golden Birthday Cake Fudge Creme Oreo?! And then there are the most recent additions to the Oreo family: The Cookie Dough Oreo and the Marshmallow Crispy Creme Oreo. 

Like I said, the research has begun.

Ideally, i'd like to throw an Oreo party. Each guest would be assigned to bring a certain flavor of Oreo, and then we'd all join together to celebrate the wonders of such a magically delicious* and originally very simple cookie. Guest requirement: no looking down on me for the fact that I definitely will be trying at least one of every kind of Oreo, which would mean eating like 20+ cookies over the course of one party... believe me, i'd do it. 

The challenge is this: a number of the Oreo varieties were/are limited edition, or they are holiday specific and thus only sold at certain times of the year. I'm still trying to work out the kinks... it may end up that I just have to buy one kind at a time over the course of a year and taste test them all on an individual basis (and then most likely eat the whole package myself... which is why the party option would be so much less fat-girl-ish).

Heh heh, this is funny because I remember one time in 4th grade we had to write an essay on how we eat an Oreo. I complained about how ridiculous it was because I could explain in two short sentences my methods of Oreo consumption, and it did not require a five paragraph essay. It seems now that i'm in 16th grade, I could ramble on about this particular delectable snack for days!

Once upon a time (aka last year), my girl Christie and I went to Walmart and bought Oreos. I tried to see how many different kinds I could hold at once. I only walked out with one pretty little package of cookies, but clearly I felt it that day that eventually i'd try them all.


Soooo, anyway, I guess this is what I did today.
Please don't judge me.
Did I mention that I have two more weeks of the M5 Fitness Challenge which requires that I consume no refined sugar? 
Yeah... maybe doing this today wasn't such a good idea.
I'm gonna go eat a salad.


*Speaking of magically delicious, its also on my bucket list to win a cereal eating contest. Because seriously, I can put down extreme volumes cereal like a champ!
Oh right, salad time.

3 comments:

  1. Jannette. One contraction and one word for you: you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I don't know you but this is awesome! Last year I set a New Year's Goal to only eat "colored" oreos, no white ones all year... It was so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was just at Walmart and saw more kinds of Oreos than I knew existed. Thanks for opening my eyes to a whole new world of sweets. Although my bet is I'll stick with the boring originals. That's just the kind of girl I am.

    ReplyDelete