Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Pillow talk

One of my favorite times of day is bedtime. Winding down time with my husband - picking up the apartment, brushing teeth, making each other laugh, and reading scriptures while we hold hands. Then praying together and cuddling in bed as we talk about the day and life and how blessed we are - and how crazy awesome life is going to be when we have a bunch of kids and a big car to hold them all and spending all our money on braces and soccer teams and school supplies and drivers Ed and family trips to Disneyland. I just love bedtime and pillow talk.

So I really dislike nights like tonight when I'm stuck at work and Matty is home getting ready for bed and drifting off into sleep without me. He's long gone and snoring by the time I get home and am ready for dreamland.

I don't want to take for granted the fabulous bedtime that involves just the two of us. Because someday all those kids we dream of are going to need stories and tucking in and kisses and monster checking and just one more drink of water. I am SO EXCITED for that phase of life too, but for now we must embrace the peaceful present! Sometimes our pillow talk is lovey-gushy-gross, and other times our "pillow talk" goes a little something like this:

Matt: I really like my pillows.
Me: Good because you can't have mine.
Matt: What if you die, then can I use your pillows?
Me: Are you counting down to my death just so you have have my pillows?!
Matt: Well, that's not the only reason.

I'll be home soon, love! But there best not be man drool on my pillows when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment