Sunday, December 11, 2011

B.H.K.


Ten years ago today I became an aunt. Brayden Hunter Kenealey came into the world and changed my life. At 9 years old I was still very much a kid myself, but his birth helped me do a lot of growing up. I learned what it was to love and care for another person so fully and thoroughly that you'd just break if anything bad ever happened to them. It was definitely a first-time experience for me since I am the youngest child in my family. He was the first baby I was ever around consistently, and I was lucky enough to be actively involved in his growing up. I held him as a baby and watched as he grew into an adorable goofy little toddler, then transition into an intelligent little boy who loved to learn, and then all of a sudden I look at him now and he is becoming a young man! Ten years old! It completely blows my mind that he is now older than I was when he was born. He is curious and smart and funny and handsome and active and strong and obedient and I love that he looks so much like his uncles. Its scary to know that before long he'll be in the young mens program, then he'll be going into junior high, then asking girls to prom, then applying to college and going on a mission!!! Where does the time go?

Since Mr. B was born i've been lucky enough to become "Aunt Nettie" to 4 more beautiful little girlies. I love being an aunt and those kids mean more than the world to me. There is something truly special about becoming an aunt (or uncle), and I can only imagine how the love that come with becoming a parent compares. Thats something thats not coming for a few years in my life, but until that time i'll settle with being that aunt that tickles the snot out of you if you come to close, takes pictures and videos of the kids' insane dance moves, lets them climb all over me while I "nap" on the couch, gives piggy back rides, and tucks you in with stories and kisses whenever I'm lucky enough to visit.

Happy birthday Brayden! You are my absolute favorite nephew :)

No comments:

Post a Comment