Saturday, January 21, 2012

Blame It On The Weatherman

I committed myself to working on my massive amounts of homework today from noon to midnight, but I am cheating and taking a quick break to blog. I'm a good 5.5 hours into it, its okay to take a quick break before resuming for the next 6 hours right?

Okay people. Its January in Provo and what is it doing? Its RAINING. Can someone please tell me WHY it is RAINING in JANUARY in PROVO?! Because usually, that doesn't happen. Typically at this point all that falls out of the sky is that beautiful fluffy white stuff that coats the earth and makes it look like the happiest winter wonderland there ever was. But no. Provo hasn't had any good snow yet this winter. Nada. I mean yeah sure its snowed a couple of times, but never more than a couple of inches that disappear by nightfall. That stuff is weak sauce, and it doesn't count. One day last week Mr. Weatherman said that we had a 100% chance of snow at 10 pm. Yeah well Brent and I stepped outside at 10 pm ready to soak it in and there was zippo snow. Weatherman, you're fired.

My real desire is to wake up in the morning and have that bluish glow filtering in through the blinds in my room that tells me ITS HERE. And then I throw back the covers, race to the window, peak through the blinds and see the wonderful world of white. And then I do a little jig and play this song (its my tradition). And then we all get bundled up in boots and hats and scarves and gloves and we get to walk around in the powdery goodness, listening to that delightful crunch beneath our feet as we leave our unique set of footprints that lead to packs of snow angels. And then we get to go back inside, change into warm dry clothes, make hot chocolate, snuggle up and watch a movie while we watch it continue to pile up outside, knowing that tomorrow we get to do it all over again. Ahhh, come on, admit it, you can't tell me you didn't just have a great daydream about that scenario! So yeah, even though all this rain reminds me of beautiful Seattle and provides for GREAT running weather, I want the good stuff now!

Dear Mr. Weatherman, please don't lie to us snow junkies again. I can't take another let down like that. So get down to business, work your magic, communicate with the snow fairies, and lets get Provo some hard core snow. Please and thank you.

Meanwhile, back at home in Seattle they've been getting pounded with snow ALL WEEK. I'm a little (LOT) bitter about it.





P.S. My goal to become informed about the presidential election has been going great! I've been watching videos, GOP debates, and I think I read every available article on CNN the other day :) Is it weird that its gotten a little bit addicting?

1 comment:

  1. You should have waited two hours to write this post. Then you would have had snow out your window. By now it's gotten a little slushy, but there for a bit, it was real snow. I was down there, and I saw it for myself.

    Meanwhile all the way up north here, we had snow, but the roads are all clear now.

    ReplyDelete