Monday, January 16, 2012

Part of My Heart is in Texas Forever

I went to Texas this weekend for the... TWELFTH time in 5 years? I left the apartment at 4:45 am friday morning and arrived back to the apartment at 12:15 pm sunday night. So it was a quick trip, but man was it a good one. I went because my niece Ella Jean was baptized and confirmed and officially welcomed into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on saturday night. It was a wonderful experience and I was so grateful I was able to be there as a part of it and to witness her make this big step in her life. Both my parents (referred to as Grandma and Grandpa Perry whenever i'm around the kids) and Val (Grandma Kenealey) were able to fly down and stay with them all weekend. It was fun filled family weekend. One thing I really appreciated about this trip is that I was able to spend some good quality time with the kids. Traditionally its always my sister and I sneaking away to do things together on our own, but this time it was different. I did my best to be the world's best aunt who loves to play games, watch magic tricks, baffle them with a few magic tricks of my own, tackle them to the ground and tickle them until they beg for mercy, give them big smoochie kisses (to choruses of groans and giggles), and let them "do flips" on me by holding my hands, climbing up my legs and flipping over. Let me tell ya folks, its all worth it when they come up to you, throw their arms around your neck and tell you they don't want you to go. Mission accomplished :) I love those kids with all my heart and i'll do whatever I can to make sure they know it. I love my family and getting to see them this weekend was a tremendous blessing.

The VIP girl of the weekend


Certainly one of the best pictures in existence of Mr. B and I


We went to this gigantic playground place that was awesome and made me want to be a little kid again... so I just pretended like I was for a little while :)





Sister love





Movie/pizza night


I love going to Texas because it means I get to run with the world's best running buddy!




Baptism day






Quality kid time :D





On the plane headed back to Provo. I have to say, it makes it easier to go back when there's a super cute boy waiting for you at the airport ;-)


Oh yeah and ps, BLAST YOU DAD for making me find another one of these in my bag as I was unpacking

No comments:

Post a Comment