Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Update



This weekend I decided to do something I almost never do. I put school on the back burner and didn't turn down any opportunities to be social, make new friends, and spend quality time with my roommates and family. Smartest thing I have ever done on a busy weekend that demands the completion of homework and studying? Probably not. Necessary for the happiness and fulfillment that comes from social interaction and having fun? I happen to think so. Not to say i'm a total loser and never do anything fun, I just usually make sure that the school work definitely gets done too... So anyway this weekend was spent going to my roommate Gretchen's beautiful wedding reception, playing grounders with an energetic bunch of people, reuniting and hiking with some of my lovely gal pals, going to Stake and Regional Conference, screaming at a TV and cringing at the embarrassing display of "football" that BYU put on, and making delicious pizzas with my siblings (which by now includes Christie, i've decided) while we played Five Crowns and a thought provoking round of Would You Rather.


I have an exam today at 4pm. A big scary one. And the studying that I have done so far is scarce at best. I want to do well in school. Really truly. I work hard and I strive to do my best and be successful and feel fulfillment through what I accomplish. But its a delicate balance because I also want to make friends, strengthen relationships, and fill my life with things and activities and people who make me happy. So, thats what I dedicated myself to this weekend.



And now, all of the remaining hours in this day until 4 o'clock are going to be dedicated to that atrociously large google doc that holds all the precious information that will be found on previously mentioned big scary nursing exam. Wish me luck, and send all the smart vibes you can spare.

Oh yeah, and happy monday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment