Saturday, March 2, 2013

St. George in 24 Hours

Thursday afternoon, 5pm - Decide to go to St. George with Kylie and Kara this weekend for the BYU baseball game (Kylie's boo is a pitcher). ROAD TRIIIIIIP!

Friday afternoon, 4pm - Pack up the car and roll out

Friday afternoon, 4:10 - Grab Cafe Rio to go

Friday night, 8:00 - Arrive in St. George

Friday night, 10:30 - Already asleep!

Saturday morning, 6:19 - Wake up and head out to go running/exploring the beautiful St. George

Saturday morning, 9:45 - Finish my longest run ever! Yeah baby!

Saturday morning, 10:30 - Check out of the motel and off to the baseball game

Saturday afternoon, 12:30 - BYU wins, 15-4

Saturday afternoon, 12:45 - Taking pictures at the St. George temple

Saturday afternoon, 1:35 - Back on the road to Provo

Saturday evening, 5:15 - HOME!

25 hours of pure awesome. Totally worth it.



Can't even believe that we were actually able to do this. 3 nursing students who actually have time to blow off homework for a WHOLE DAY. Unheard of ;)

Yeahhhh baby we love a nice cheap motel. But seriously.
Notice that I have a fork in my mouth while they have toothbrushes in theirs... I needed to carbo load before running in the morning!

I started my run by going to see the temple. Its absolutely gorgeous.

 Pretty drastic difference from my super snowy run last Saturday!

Yeah buddy. 17 miles. My record! Feeling so good about life.

A consequence of exploring St. George and picking my route as I went was a whoooole lot of hills. But it was totally worth it, because I had views like this at the top of each hill.

Baseball time. MLB Spring Training has officially started, and i'll i'm sayin is that my Mariners are 8-1. I know its only preseason but still. I'm stoked. Going to BYU's game made up a bit for the longing in my heart to be in Peoria to watch my team dominate!

 Warmth. Sunshine. Bare legs. Happiness.

We spent some time walking around the temple grounds before hopping back in the car for the drive home.
{ps. I wore my running shorts to the temple... I recognize that probably was not the best move in the world... my bad}
 
 
 

:) Love these girls. So glad we did this.

And of course, whats a road trip without a little DP?



So, there it is. I'm officially in love with St. George. And anyone who wants to make a little road trip next weekend... or ever... i'm totally in. Take me back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment