Monday, August 17, 2015

Texas Forever, 2015

Texas beckons, and I answer.

Maybe not so much just Texas itself, but the people there who I love so much and can't go too long without seeing. And actually, McKinney has my heart in many ways too after 15+ visits in the last 8 years. 

This summer I couldn't pass up the opportunity to introduce Matty to our future home... well thats my big hope and dream anyway, that some day in the next 5 years we will move there. As many may remember, before I started dating Matt I had solid plans to move to Texas to start my big girl life, but falling in love and getting married changed that course for the time being :)! But oh man, going back there again, something inside me just clicks and it all feels so right. Plus its rated by many sources as the best city in the United States as far as raising children, careers and income, general cost of living, etc. SO... fingers crossed.

We had a fabulous time visiting with Kirstin and Tyler and the kids over 4th of July weekend!

Foursquare in the street in front of the house (once the sun goes down a bit of course). I hadn't played foursquare since elementary school and i'd forgotten how fun it is! Also these kids are so good at it. The competition is real. I got my butt kicked more than once.



Pool day! We didn't let any wind and rain stop us. We enjoyed having the pool all to ourselves for the afternoon!



For the 4th of July we kept it simple. Kirstin, Matt, and I killed ourselves that morning with a long run, then lazed most of the morning and afternoon away. We all headed to the soccer fields for fireworks later that night. 

Notice anything different? :)



Unfortunately Matt was only there for a couple of days and had to leave us on Sunday to go back to work. We were all sad to see him go!

In addition to Matt leaving, Ty and Brayden left early monday morning for scout camp. So for a few days we had a girl party! Bagels and shopping and nail painting!

My last day we went to the pool again. It wasn't that sunny, we weren't going to be there for long, and I foolishly chose to neglect my sunblock. So when I talked about how summer is the time for getting tan... in reality this is actually what usually happens to me.



 Texas changed Matt in more than one way! For one thing, he said to me, "Yeah I could live here" (!!!!!!YES!!!!!!). And for another, he shaved the ginger beard. I loved that thing, and my husband was a stranger to me for a few days after it was gone. But he's still my handsome Matty and I love him no matter what!



TEXAS FOREVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment