Monday, August 17, 2015

Seattle & The Salazars ♥

For a little while it looked like this might be my first summer without going home for a visit. Well, thank goodness for best friends who fall in love and decide to get married in the Seattle temple! Matt and I were both lucky enough to get the time off work for a drive up to Washington to witness the sealing of our great friends and even stay a few extra days for some fun family time. I'd say it was a nearly perfect trip. Despite my random intense irrational fear of hitting a dear as we drove through the night, we arrived safely, packed a whole lot of fun into 4 days, and then drove all the way back to Utah without any problems. We enjoyed making memories with mom and dad, Kevin and Carli and their girls (our fun with them was unfortunately under-documented), and Brayden who was visiting from Texas. Thank goodness for no dear in the headlights, a functioning car, beautiful weather, wonderful friends, and happy family!

Perfect day for a wedding!

The Salazars ♥

Couldn't love this girl any more than I do. I am so grateful I was able to be there as she was tied to Lee for eternity! From birth to death, this girl will be my sister forever and I love that we've been able to share so many life's special life experiences together.


Lee, you're a winner of a guy! So happy you and Rachel found each other!




This has to be one of my favorites from the day. It was a rather hot afternoon during the luncheon, and Matt was able to provide some relief for the beautiful bride as she ate her lunch. What a gentleman I married :)

Mom and dad, we had so much fun hanging out with you! You still owe us a hand & foot tie breaker though... 


And in case anyone missed it, i'm crazy in love with this man. We loved being able to attend a sealing almost exactly 6 months after our own and reflect on the wonderful blessings of eternal marriage. I'm so grateful to have him by my side as my life partner every single day.

What kind of true blue Mariners fan would I be if we didn't go to a game while in Seattle?! Safeco Field is easily on my list of top 10 favorite places on the planet and I was so happy to take Matt there for his first major league baseball game! Plus we stole Brayden away from his visit to Kevin and Carli and the girls to come with us and that was awesome too. I love Mariners baseball!!!!



And nothing can beat a view like this. Seattle, you're forever a winner. 

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog, Jannette! So glad you guys are doing well and that you got to visit the beautiful NW :) Sorry to creep but your kiddos are going to have beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats not creeping, thats complimenting! And thank you! :) Looks like you guys are having such a blast in Brazil. What a cool trip to go on. LOVE hearing from you!

      Delete
  2. This makes me homesick. And, as a side note, I am personally against your moving to Texas. If you move there, I will miss you, and miss your parents staying here when they come to visit you. I will be a lonely only.

    ReplyDelete