Monday, March 12, 2012

Lunch

Excuse me for just a moment while I take this opportunity to brag about my delicious lunch. I don't claim to be a good cook. Baking, yeah I can do that just fine. But every once in a blue moon I make a whole, balanced, delicious dinner that was a mamma specialty and a childhood favorite. But lets be honest, usually its something cheap, easy, and/or thrown together. I mean yeah its (most of the time) healthy and involvs fruits and veggies of some sort, but its not usually a very impressive meal. Brent made me a delectable dinner on saturday, and I was pretty embarrassed to admit that he is a much better cook than I am. Granted, he's been living on his own longer than I have... but still. He sure did look cute cookin' up our steak, broccoli, and potatoes though :)


Well today, I am impressed with the lunch I made for myself:

  • Spaghetti squash
  • Mixed veggies (peppers, cauliflower, lima beans, broccoli, carrots, zucchini, peas)
  • Cut up chicken
  • Cooked and pureed cauliflower (with added milk and salt) as the sauce
  • Cheese sprinkled on top

A successful delicious and healthy lunch! Yay for successful days like today that make me feel a little bit more encouraged and a little bit less terrified by the fact that someday i'll be making meals each day for an entire family... yikes. I think i'll be needing a LOT more practice before I get to that point! Oh well, i'm one step closer to avoiding a dinner that consists of a single spoon and the can of frosting that is in the fridge right now.

Happy monday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment