Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sleepovers and Sunburns

This weekend has been a pretty marvelous one. I've gotten to do lots of different things and be with lots of people that make me happy.

Friday evening Jules was in Provo! I got to see her all of 30 minutes, but still that was better than nothing! She brought her new boy and they met up with Brent and me and we went and got some froyo and just enjoyed seeing each other for a short little while.

Friday night our relief society had a slumber party, woot wooo!!! We headed up to a cabin in Sundance owned by the family of one of the girls. It was big and beautiful. It was my first full on girls' night sleepover in quite a long time. We stayed up late, ate junk food, watched a chick flick, painted our nails, talked about boys, and giggled a lot. It was so much fun :)

New life goal: own a jacuzzi tub this large and comfy and impressive.

There were plenty of large beds to fit the whole group, but this is just a few of us trying out the little kiddy bed.

Saturday morning after getting back to the apartment I headed out for my long run. 12 miles. And ooooh baby it was the definition of gorgeous outside. Pure sunshine, warm with a slight cool breeze. PERFECT running weather. I was a little nervous about covering that kind of distance for the first time in a few months, but the prospects of getting a tan in the 2 hours that it would take encouraged me. So I headed out, ticked off the miles one by one, and had high hopes for some new bronzy little tan lines in a few hours. Well friends, tan lines is exactly what I got... at first. I was very excited and showing them off to my roommates. It looked something like this:

As the night progressed, my tan started lookin' not so bronzy anymore... it transformed into more of a fierce fiery red burn. Ahhh, the joys of my pasty white winter skin seeing the sun for the first time of the year. Well, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to snap some pictures of the impressive burn lines to share with you all (Please excuse the lack of sleeves!):
ouchie
Its supposed to be sunny all week, so if i'm running in the heat of the day again, i'll make sure to slather on the sunblock. I assure you, skin cancer is not my goal in life.

Thankfully, beauty doesn't just come in a package of perfectly bronzed skin, long silky hair, and the most fashionable clothes. Here's a quick message to help you have a happy and beautiful sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment