Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lindsey Turns Twenty

20 treasures about Lindsey Veronica Hanna for her 20th birthday:

1. Her birthday always falls during finals week. But we still find ways to have fun! This is from last year :)

2. She loves doughnuts, but ESPECIALLY this one, because its a Texas Doughnut, and she is proud of her Texas heritage.

3. She loves to match me ;-)

4. Last summer she came to visit me in Seattle. She'll never know how much that meant to me, especially since I wasn't able to make it out to Texas to see her like we had planned.

5. She does this pointing thing. Whatever is funny, she points at it, even if its only inches from the line of sight. Interesting how so often that finger is pointing straight at my face.

6. One time we shared a sleeping bag. The same one. For an entire night. I think its safe to say she and I share a bubble.

7. She's abusive to me. Clearly. Okay okay, so maybe its more like she puts up with my playful taunting... but come on, can't you see my sisterly love in this gesture?!

8. She craves pizza. All the time. If you want to make this girl happy, pizza is a sure fire success.

9. She's a bomb awesome rock climber. Its true, i've seen it.

10. Sometimes, she makes me feel like a monstrous giant. Feee fiiii foooo fuuuummm.

11. Lindsey has one heck of a nice booty. Probably because she's been so dang dedicated at working out and taking care of her body. Go girrrrl.

12. She loves play fights of all sorts. Especially if they involve food and messes. Pens, markers, and large amounts of water have also been known to come into play.

13. She calls my dad "Papa Perry." And her took her on her first ever motorcycle ride.

14. She enjoys food almost as much as I do. And she's always up for a treat run with me :)

15. She's super fun to skype with.

16. She is one of the happiest, most fun loving people that I know. She is always up for a good laugh and a good time. She makes other people smile and she radiates warmth and joy. People crave her presence because of the way they feel when they're around her.

17. She introduced me to avocados and fritos. My life will never be the same.

18. She's unique. I've never met anyone like her, and I can guarantee no one I will meet in my future will come close to comparing. There is something special about this girl's spirit. Her mind. Her outlook. Her goals. Her ideas. Her advice and her words of encouragement. Its been very special to me over the last 2 years.

19. She is always doing something for someone else. Constantly. No matter the consequence or outcome or impact on her own life, she searches for ways to serve others. She is one of the best examples of sharing, generosity, and service that I have in my life. She doesn't realize how much her loving actions positively impact those around her. Yesterday in her blog she wrote about angels (and made me cry), and I need her to know that she herself is an angel.

20. She is beautiful. Inside and out. She has done wonderful things in her 20 years, and I can guarantee she will continue to positively impact the world for the many generations of life she has yet to live.

Happy birthday Lindsey! I love you!

1 comment: