Thursday, April 26, 2012

Calling All Readers

So this crazy and very foreign thing is happening in my life right now: I have time to read. No, not just textbooks. No, not just scriptures. No, not just food labels and fliers and street signs. I have time to read books. With chapters. And characters. And a story. I know, I know, shocking.

I decided to stick around here in Provo this year for Spring/Summer. I'm taking classes Spring term and taking Summer off. Oh and some awesome news friends, I got a job!! So i'll work part time until school is out and then i'll take on more hours. While i'm still taking a few classes, the next 4 months are a much needed break from the hard grind of nursing school. So my stress level is down, there is much less homework to be done, and I find myself with some spare time on my hands. For the last week i've been using this time doing all sorts of things: helping my roommates move, super mega cleaning the apartment, catching up with friends and family through long phone conversations, going to the tumbling gym, running, playing Scum with friends, swimming, playing an intense game of water basketball, visiting with and talking a lot with friends, partying it up in a hotel for a night, going out to eat (way too much), finding a job, donating plasma, and watching WAY too many episodes of Gilmore Girls. And so far, i've read one book. My good friend Josh lent me I Am Number Four, and I blew through it while lounging in the sun at the park with sunglasses and tootsie pops to keep my company.
Can you say summer?! :)


But you see, miraculously there are still gaps of time left to fill. So what do I do? I want to read more. I love reading. I always have. There are few things greater in this life than reading a good book. Its like a movie in your head, only it lasts longer and you get to pick what everything looks like so the characters and setting are always perfect. 
Its so cool awesome great fun magical.

So this is where you all come in. I need book recommendations! Its been so long since i've had the time to do any pleasure reading that I don't know what to read. Help! I'm pretty versatile and i'll at least consider anything. So please, provide suggestions! The library 2 blocks down is calling my name, I can hear it.

There is more sunshine to be soaked up and more tootsie pops to be enjoyed, but they just aren't the same without a good read along for the adventure.

I'm counting on you guys, don't let me down!

2 comments:

  1. The Secret Journal of Bret Colton, NieNie's new book Heaven is Here, Number the Stars, anything by Richard Paul Evans but I especially like The Sunflower and A Perfect Day, Yearbook by Allyson Braithwaite Condie and the sequels First Day and something I can't remember.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out my goodreads account, and look at my blog for book reviews and recommendations - joyfulreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete