Thursday, August 23, 2012

If Only She Knew


If only she knew:

How warm and fuzzy I get inside when people tell me that she looks just like I did when I was her age.

How much I just love to take pictures of her cute little self.

That drawing pictures in the sand is a treasure that should never be passed up.

That pretty soon she's going to have a little sister that she has to share her life and attention with... get ready for a rude awakening cutie pie!

That you don't always have to be a little kid to find joy and fun in silly things.

That it is a blessing to have such a happy, free spirit like she does right now :)

That she's got a grandma who is prettier than most grandmas.

That she's got one of the funnest and most loving grandpas in the world.

That her Aunt Nettie thinks she's super cute.

That you're not supposed to blow out other people's birthday candles ;-)

That seeing her long distance family members on a screen on a regular basis is a miraculous gift of technology that she has naturally come to expect. She thought we were FaceTiming with Kirstin when I took this.


How holding her hand makes me the happiest aunt in the world.

That i'd drop anything I was doing to be her buddy and make sure she knows I love her.


That she's been born into a big time game playing family, and this is how we spend much of our time together.

How blessed she is going to be growing up with a view like this out the window.

How awesome its going to be for her to grow up on this street.
And how much I am always going to look forward to visiting her and spoiling her and making her feel special.
(Fingers crossed it snows this Christmas... sledding party and Kevin and Carli's place!!!)

That Nettie is going to try and corrupt her into following in my footsteps and becoming a silly-faces-only for pictures kind of girl :)

How silly and cute she is!


That I plan on being right there (sitting in her lap!) to celebrate her 20th birthday with her, just like she was with me to celebrate mine!

She may not know all these things right now, but i'll see to it that she learns about all of these things, and so much more, as she grows up. This little girl is silly, crazy smart, and oh so precious. I love her to death, and I got the vibe she felt the same way at least to some degree when she kept saying, "No, Nettie can't go back to school!" I miss her terribly already, and I will count the days until I get to see her again, as well as her new baby sister and wonderful parents. Until then, I will make sure she remembers me with regular Skype sessions and the occasional treat in the mail. I mean come on, I gotta earn the Favorite Aunt status :)
I love you Paige!!


No comments:

Post a Comment