Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Way Too Much Blog For One Post... Oh Well


Half marathon #4 is 39 days away, and its time to start getting serious about preparing for it.

So in the past i've always started training for my races 3 months in advance. The first two months go smoothly. I stick the schedule, rarely miss a run, and continue to improve my endurance and pace. And then over the course of the last month, something stupid happens. I lose motivation and drive and I start missing my scheduled runs left and right, sometimes even omitting the very necessary long weekend runs. Its annoying and I always end up kicking myself for it once race day comes. But, i'm thinking hoping wishing determined that with less than 6 weeks to go, I won't have the opportunity to go through this vicious cycle, and instead i'll be diligent all the way through this time.

Today I marked up my calendar, scheduled my milage for each day, and i'm determined to stick to it and hopefully make this my best half yet! So now the only problem is figuring out when to run. Its such a silly and yet super frustrating dilemma. I have an awesome weight lifting class every morning at 8am (yeah thats right, this girl is pumping iron and getting some of my muscle back!), so do I get up at the booty crack of dawn and go running before class? Normally i'd be totally fine with sacrificing a little sleep to do that, but then there's the fact that I have another class to go to right after weight lifting... soooo do I just sacrifice my desire to look/smell/feel presentable at school and go to that next class all sweaty and gross too? See now but I have a feeling that that'd significantly hinder my chances of getting that cute boy in physical science to walk me home again :) So do I wait until after all my classes are done for the day to go running? Ah, but here's another issue: I don't know my work schedule yet, and I might not have time between school and work to go running plus get re-ready for the day: shower, hair, makeup, etc. I guess that leaves running at night, after all the day's doings are done. But then I end up saying bye-bye to my social life? Ugh, as you can tell, this is a quandary I have yet to figure out. But don't fret, there is a solution. I just have to find it...

Meanwhile, there's gonna be a lot less (aka none) of this in my life for a while. This big beauty was my last hurrah of DP over the weekend.

However, there is going to be a significant increase of this. The Hokulia Shave Ice Shack reopened today!!! If you think you've had the world's best shave ice elsewhere (even Hawaii), you're wrong. If you don't believe me, get yourself to Provo and i'll take you to experience the best of the best. The owners have been around the block when it comes to shave ice and they've somehow perfected the glorious goodness. With the perfect texture, flavors, and geniousness of a scoop of delicious ice cream in the middle of it all, it can't be beat. I promise. The flavors are pretty much endless. I decided that this summer i'll start at the top of the list and make my way down, sampling each and every one until I decide which ones are winners in my book :)


Moving on now... I've spent some good times with these people in the past couple of weeks. They're high quality people and I just love them all. I am so grateful to have friends that I can have so much fun with and always thoroughly enjoy talking to and being around. Its amazing what a few nights, an intense game of curses, and some quality time at a tumbling gym can do to add to someone's happiness :)

Can we please all just sit back and enjoy the comparison of Lindsey running into Brent vs. Brent running into Lindsey. This is some top class entertainment haha.
(*shudder* I really hate hearing myself talk/laugh/breathe on video)



Anyway, thats enough randomness blogging for my scatterbrained self tonight.
The end.
Go to bed.
Oh wait, you mean i'm the only one with an 8am exercise class?
Okay, then i'll go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment