Sunday, July 28, 2013

She's A Perry Now

One of my best and oldest friends: Brenna Kenealey.
When we were super young, our siblings (10 years older than us) were dating, and we'd often giggle and wonder what life would be like if they got married. Imagine our 8-year-old shock when it actually happened. Best friends were now... well, what were we? What did having my sister married to her brother make us?
We decided it made us best friends with married siblings. When we tried to explain our connection to people in junior high and high school, a lot of people just didn't quite get it:

"So... you're sisters-in-law?"
"No."
"Yeah you are, you have to be."
"Nope, technically we really don't have any relation at all."
"Nah, you're definitely like sisters now."
"Okay, fine, we're sisters."

We might as well be. Our family friendships go more than 20 years back and we've spent a significant amount of time together with church activities, Christmas Eves, New Years Eves, baby blessings, baptisms, large family gatherings, Mariners games, game nights, and soooo much more.

Yesterday, Bren got hitched. Now, imagine the confusion that will take place in the minds of our old junior high and high school buddies, because now Brenna is Mrs. Perry. MY last name is Perry... And now HER last name is Perry. And no, we're still not in-laws. Her new hubby Tom is not my brother or my cousin; he actually happens to have zero family relation to me, it just so happens that we share a last name. 
It's a good last name. Welcome to the club, Brenna Perry.
(No offense, but I hope to leave this club sometime in the next few years when it's my turn and I convince some special man to share his last name with me for the rest of eternity.)

After they got engaged last November, Brenna asked me to be a bridesmaid, and I looked forward to the special day for months. That day was yesterday, and it was fantastic! It was such a spectacular day for a wedding, and Brenna and Tom looked marvelous, as did their families and their reception and the whole shebang. 

The night before the wedding a few of us gal pals got together and had a bachelorette party mormon-style. Bren's older sister Megan (also an old time bestie) put it together and it was a blast.
Chilled mini Martinelli's, snack bags for the long wedding day, pizza, and an outdoor movie. Good job by you, Meg.

The morning of was perfect. Relaxing, happy, delicious, and so exciting!

One benefit of having wedded siblings, we get to share the same nieces and nephew. Fat chance of finding a more beautiful set of blond haired blue eyed children anywhere... ever.

I mean come on, with dang hot parents like this... how could they not be so adorable?
(My sister, Bren's brother)


One of the highlights of my day was being the one to stay longer at the temple and help with bride/groom shots. I got to spend some extra personal time with them, plus I got to use my iphone to snap some shots of my own. Candids are THE best.

More random happy happy pictures :)



They are the best non-sisters ever :)



Tom looks SO happy in this getaway picture... I can't imagine why... ;)

Its a sister-sister thing. We be happy.

My before and afters from yesterday... good thing i'm not toooo shabby and cleaning myself up a titch.

YAY FOR WEDDINGS. I love them.
Marriage. It is awesome.
Congrats Brenna and Tom!!! I love you both!



No comments:

Post a Comment