Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Reunions, Heads Up, And Night Hiking


Last Sunday I was reunited with some of my best friends ever. Some I hadn't seen in two years. But after the initial big hugs and excited chatter and catching up, it was as if no time at all had passed. These people made high school a bearable place for me, and i'll forever love them for it!
We had less than three days together before I peaced out to Texas (guys its hot here), and so we made the most of our time!




I have the best friends ever because no matter what, we can be ourselves and never feel too dumb for it... well, usually at least. Ellen Degeneres (my favorite person ever) has an app. It is a game called Heads Up. Kind of like catch phrase, but way better. The person guessing holds the phone with the clue on their forehead so everyone else can see it, and then depending on if they guess it correctly or need to pass, they tip the phone a certain way. Turns out its hilarious. You never know what people will do when put on the spot and/or under pressure. But thank goodness the game video records everything as you play, because shoot these are funny moments that we'll always want to remember.

I call this one: Dingo baby.

I call this one: Julia has clearly never watched Kids Say The Darndest Things.


Monday night was the peak of the annual Perseid meteor shower. Being the adventurers that we are, we decided not to settle for viewing the heavens from our backyards where the sky would be muted by city lights. Instead we caravanned out to our old favorite hiking destination from high school: Rattlesnake Ridge. We've got so many good memories there: Kevin asking me to prom, Jules almost head-butting Cam right off a cliff, and perfect summer days and nights spent with friends in the gorgeous pacific northwest. 
This was my first ever night hike, and boy i'll tell ya what, I sure do feel spiffy wearing a headlamp! It was creepy and fun and difficult and exhilarating all at the same time. We kept our safe distance from the ledge, laid out blankets, did our best to comfortably situate ourselves laying down on the very sharp uneven rocks (eachother's bellies became our pillows), busted out the snap peas, and looked heavenward. When we first arrived there was one little tiny patch of clear sky to focus on. By the time we left, there wasn't a cloud in sight and it turned out to to be the perfect night for meteor watching. Ah! So fun!


I quickly discovered selfies are impossible when wearing a headlamp...

Obviously, I tried anyway. And now no matter what editing I do I just end up with super creepy pictures of myself in the scary dark with my spiffy headlamp. 




*cough cough*myfriendsarebetterthanyours*cough cough*
Wha... who said that?

No comments:

Post a Comment