Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Days & New Beginnings

This is me on my first day of school as a senior year in high school. 
Big man (youknowwhatImean) on campus. Hot stuff. Ruled the world. Unstoppable. Excited.

This is me on my first day of school as a senior in college. 
Say WHAT
This is my last first day of school ever.  
I'm confused... how did I get here?! This can't be real. I'm nervous. I have to be a big girl and enter the real world in less than a year. I'll be getting a job. As a nurse. A real nurse. Is this really my life?
Yes, it really is. And guess what...
I'm the big man on campus again. I know what BYU is all about. Hawt stuff :) Ruling the world. Unstoppable. And yes, SO excited! Here we goooo!


Last week when I was still in Texas I got to take on mamma duty for my nieces' and nephew's first day of school since it was also their real mamma's big first day of school at TWU. It was the best. I'll admit, it was a bit of an emotional roller coaster sending the girls off to first, third, and fourth grade (sheesh i'm such a sap, how am I ever going to keep it together as a mom?!). But the big one, the kicker, was walking Brayden into his first day of middle school. Talk about heart-wrenching. Middle school has way too much potential to be evil and scary and overwhelming. Lockers to open. Classrooms to find. Busy hallways. Dilemmas about what the cool clothes to wear are and what the right hairstyle is. Big, tall, post-puberty upperclassmen. I know that in no time at all Brayden will work his way into his new school, find his niche, make new friends, and rule the school. I've gotta say though, i'm so stinking glad those days are behind me!! 

Cheers to first days and new beginnings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment