Friday, September 20, 2013

My Paparazzi Struggle

A few months ago during Spring term at BYU, I was on campus one day. I wasn't taking any classes at the time, so this was a pretty rare occurrence. I was, however, still doing some research work for a professor and I had some things to drop off at her office. As I was walking a google maps van drove by me.
"I'M GOING TO BE FAMOUS" was my first thought. 
Unfortunately, i'm not kidding. But then I forgot about it for a while. At lunch with my dad just a few days ago, the topic resurfaced and I informed him that I was going to be famous on google very soon, I was sure of it.
Then this week, I saw this on Facebook:

Wasting no time at all, I remembered where on campus I had been when the van drove by, and I went there...
BOOM BABY. THERE I AM. RED PANTS. PURSE THAT DOESN'T MATCH. ARMS FULL OF RESEARCH. FACE-BLUR AND ALL, THAT IS ME.



Sheesh. It is just too hard to get any real privacy these days. Don't these people understand the struggle that it is to be constantly in the spotlight?! Sometimes we just need a private moment to ourselves! Take it from a girl who has had some paparazzi struggle in her past (I mean me), sometimes we just need a break. Now i'm even famous on google, not to mention all the other places, like... you know, all those other places that i'm so famous! It gets frustrating sometimes... but i'll make you this promise right now: i'll never shave my head then hit someone with an umbrella, forget to wear underpants when climbing out of my car, or throw a veeery expensive camera on the ground. I'll stay classier than that and instead just throw up the worst faces I know how to make. Or i'll be cool like Ms. Emma Stone and the handsome Mr. Andrew Garfield and i'll do something like this. Next time, google, next time.


FAME.
It's a gift... 
And a curse
(for those of you who watch Monk ;))

4 comments: