Monday, October 17, 2011

The Long Haul

Okay first off, we are officially half way done with fall semester. Say whaaat? Time and superman have one thing in common: they really know how to fly.

Those of you who read my blog consistently know (thats assuming there is someone who reads it consistently...), I embarked on my very first sweets fast a couple of weeks ago. I did it for just 7 days. It was hard, but it felt so good. I was so fresh and energized all week long. And so now, i'm doing it again. Except this time i'm in it for a longer haul. Between now and the end of the semester, i'm going to really test my will power. I'm scared! Nervous! Hopeful! Excited! Mom is going to try and do it with me, and my friend Grant and I are making a bit of a contest out of it.
I'm going to win.

Okay so here's my deal. If I do this, if I make it to the end, I want to reward myself somehow. But I don't want to reward myself with food, because I am not a dog. I want to do something for myself that I would never do otherwise. It has to be a real treat that is still reasonable (in other words, i'm not loaded with mula). I need ideas! Help me out here!

Anyone else want to join? Are you brave enough? Do you dare take me on? :) I'm gonna post my rulebook for the next 2 months below, and I think if you want to join you are free to modify it in any way, you just have to stick to whatever you decide to do and then be consistent about it. You'll see that i'm not as intense as some people when they do this. I'm taking some days off and allowing myself to take a few 24 hour breaks. That way I know I won't go completely crazy. I'm trying to be reasonable here.


THE RULES
No chocolate
No candy
No doughnuts
No cake
No ice cream
No pastries
No nutella
No cookies
No cupcakes
No sugary muffins
No sugary cereals
No frosting
No brownies

ALLOWED
Frozen yogurt
Peanut butter (limited)
Sugar free/fat free pudding
Fiber bars

THE EXCEPTION DAYS
Race day
Halloween
Thanksgiving
3 additional days of your choice

THE REWARD
~Undecided~




Ready or not, here we go!

9 comments:

  1. umm. I like this. you are incredible. and I might wanna join. which could possibly be super difficult. false, it would be incredibly hard, i've had quite the addiction to chocolate lately...like making late night grocery runs and everything, just to have so chocolate...haha. but dude, post the rules and I will do it! it will be good for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would I eat if I didn't eat what is on your list?? There's nothing left.

    What about an article of clothing for a reward?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jules can you not see the picture of the rules that I posted?

    And Diane, sure there is plenty of stuff left! Just nothing with sugary goodness :) For the next few months i'll be getting my sweets fix from fruits! And then of course the occasional frozen yogurt. As far as rewarding myself with an article of clothing, i've been considering that, I just can't decide what I would really want that I don't already have. Maybe some nice running clothes? I'm not sure yet, but its a good possibility thats what i'll end up doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh haha, no i can't, I wondered why you posted a big black picture with a triangle and an exclamation mark in it haha, maybe send me the link? oh an nice running clothes? definitely a good idea! I've been wanting to invest in some too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its just a word document on my computer and I didn't know the best way to show it (and I didn't know how to do just an attachment for it) so I just took a screen shot and posted that. Lame that it didn't work. I'll email it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you want a nice watch? Some cute boots? Clothes are the best motivator for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see it! Are you starting today? I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh boots, I don't have those. Thats a good idea.

    Heck yeah girl are you really?! All the same rules??? And we should make a little bet on it then that we can settle at Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes yes I am!! and yes the same rules, holy cow. this will be hard, I will need your motivation!! oo yes, I like that idea. any ideas on a bet? haha

    ReplyDelete