Thursday, November 10, 2011

Spaghetti Squash Surprise

Oh my spaghetti squash. Who knew it was so amazing?!? Thankfully, I know now and i'm no longer missing out on the world's greatest thing ever.

For those of you who, like me, have been kept in the dark about the miracle of spaghetti squash, let me explain it to you. Its a cute little (okay so its not so little) yellow vegetable. It looks like this:

Then you cut it open, and it looks like this:

And it looks/smells sort of pumpkiny. But just you wait, this baby is going to be carved in a whole different way. So then you just scoop the seeds out, plop half of it down on a baking sheet (so that the inside part is facing down), and put it in the oven for 45 min to an hour at about 375. The wait is hard, but its SO WORTH IT. Okay so when its done, pull it out, grab a fork, and get ready for the magic part. Just start scraping, and this will start to happen:

ITS LIKE SPAGHETTI. I'm so totally not joking. Its delicious. Throw whatever you want in there, scrape it all up together, and enjoy. Oh my heavens have I been enjoying. Tonight I put in: little cut up pieces of chicken, corn, broccoli, and cheese. You guys, it was amazing. I can't even express how wonderful it is. And its straight up vegetable. WIN.
Okay pause. Isn't that girl on the right GORGEOUS?!

I've had it twice this week, and after our grocery shopping trip tonight (see purchases below!), I do believe i'll be enjoying it some more real soon :)

*Coming soon: i'll rant about what amazing things those cantaloupes in the upper left-hand corner can do for a smoothie.*

No comments:

Post a Comment