Monday, November 28, 2011

The Yam

My dad is the punniest man I know. And he knows it. He takes full advantage of his crazy good ability to come up with the most ridiculous jokes ever, and he loves to share them. I always know when its coming because he has a very certain sly little smile on his face when his brainstorming produces a punny little line. He can always make me crack a smile and lets out a cheer when he gets an actual chuckle out of me. Anyway, I just thought i'd share a little taste of my father with all of you by posting one of the many emails he sent me last week while I was laying in bed post wisdom teeth removal. This specific one isn't really punny, but its still funny. Love ya daddio!


Jannette:

Remember your spaghetti squash discovery and how it enhanced your life?

Welcome to your next "ah-ha!" food: the Yam. (It's the big one in the artsy still life photo attached.)

Mom cooked potatoes, a sweet potato (the red one), and the yam for the Great Tubular Tuber Cook-off. You can't beat the every-day goodness of the basic tater, but the yam yielded "yahoos!" with its yummy yam yumness. Simply bake it like the garden variety spud, add a pat of butter (or your favorite substitute) and let your tastebuds do the familiar spaghetti-squash-like dance! Bake one, share it with a friend (or one soon-to be-after such an altruistic adventure) and judge for yourself. You can even bake a standard mashable at the same time, just in case the underrated Yam doesn't exceed every expectation.

You can thank me now, or later, I'm good either way.

- Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment