Wednesday, May 30, 2012

8 Second Ride

I love all things country. The music, the clothes, the accents, the atmosphere. More than once i've found myself daydreaming about a life out in the country. Out in the beautiful wide open spaces without all the hustle and bustle of a city. Of course, i've never been there and i'm sure my views are skewed by the movies and music that make it seem like absolute heaven; but still sometimes I get caught up in thinking i'd like to give it a try someday.

So of course, when the opportunity to spend my saturday evening at the rodeo presented itself, I didn't even hesitate to throw on my hat, some boots, and pretend i'm a country girl for one evening. Christie, Hayley and I drove out to Eagle Mountain, bought ourselves some BBQ grub, and seated our tushies on the bleachers to watch the fun. Bareback horse riding, bull riding, barrel races, other stuff I don't know the name of that involved throwing yourself off a horse onto the ground to tackle a calf and tie its feet together in as little time as possible, and of course my new absolute favorite: mutton' bustin'. Have you ever seen a little tiny child (3-5 years old) plopped on the back of a bucking sheep that is let out of the gate to run wild? It may sound like child abuse, but I seriously laughed so hard I cried. Those brave little kiddies are gonna grow up to be crazy intense cowboys bred for adventure. That or they'll be scarred for life (with possible brain damage)... but hopefully the brave cowboy route works out for the best. It was all so great, but i'll admit that I was ill prepared for the wind. It was cold and harsh and relentless. I couldn't even keep my cute little hat on without it blowing off my head ever other minute :( But we stuck it out, cozied together, drank some cheap hot cocoa, and cheered them cowboys on to survive their wild 8 second ride!

{very windy}
{he's a rodeo clown, get it? :)}
{threatening clouds that thankfully never came our way}
{gorgeous night for a rodeo!}
{love the feel}
{see? i've even got the big country hair goin' on here}

{sorry its sideways...}

No comments:

Post a Comment