Thursday, May 17, 2012

Spring Has Sprung

Pretty much sums it up:


WHY I'M LOVING SPRING:

I have time to make 2ish hour long runs to Walmart with Lindsey. And then we rediscovered the kid's meal and how pathetic it is these days.


I get to go to some seriously beautiful places.


A saturday night with these girls. Ice cream was involved. Lots of it...



Going to the park. Bouldering, football, and bocce ball in the sunshine.


CAMPFIRES. Definitely one of my favorite parts of spring so far.



I've started hiking the Y once a week. Generally I like to hike, but I suck at it. I get tired wayyy too easily. I know the Y is practically nothing, but i'm starting small and just trying to get some uphill endurance so I can eventually be capable of conquering bigger and better things.

I get to do my homework and studying in the sunshine at the park. Naps tend to be a persistent distraction on these days...


Aaaaand here you see the result of one of those naps. I fell asleep on my stomach in the blazing sunshine, and of course my back was the only thing left unprotected by sunblock. Well apparently I was out cold for longer than I thought... This is a completely real and completely undoctored picture of the line on my back right now.
Ouchie.


Pudding finger paintings at FHE! I gotta say, I think Hunter and I pretty much nailed the essence of a beautiful camping scene in the woods:)


Alright guys, this is the LAST STRAW... no literally, its my last straw!! 
Hahahaha oh boy, sometimes I just crack myself up. Oi. I am definitely my father's daughter.

My nightly snack routine: fruit and spinach smoothie. Rice cakes with peanut butter. Sooooo delectable. I know I know, smoothie looks horrific, but I swear it tastes delicious.


So there are just a few of the reasons i'm loving being here in Provo in the spring.
I'm trying to ignore some of the not so good things... Like the allergies that lead to an endlessly itchy nose, watery eyes, and sneezing; the ever present construction on campus; the pain that occurs when I try to roll over in bed (ahem... see above sunburn); the PS 100 exams every other week; the early mornings; and the occasional hankering I have to be home in Seattle with my friends and family that I miss. Because yeah those things can be a bummer sometimes, but dwelling on them means i'm counting my problems instead of my blessings, and thats just so not a good way to live life. So, i'm enjoying the happy things of spring.

Hope you're loving the beautiful springtime too wherever you may be and whatever you might be doing!

3 comments:

  1. Jannette, I loved BYU Spring Terms, and spring in Utah too. I can't believe you hike the Y every day. I don't know if I could even get up to the top once! Last time I did was September 26, 1975. Ray and I hiked the Y, then went to a volleyball game. The first day he kissed me. It's a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooo not every day, every week! I am still just sticking with running on a daily basis :) That is an incredibly super cute story though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ow ow ow ow ow, I'm feeling pain just looking at that picture of your sunburn! And, helloooooooo, I LOVE hiking the Y. We need to go when I get back :) Ok? Ok. Done.

    ReplyDelete